POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : VoidSphinx Nacelle : Re: VoidSphinx Nacelle Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VoidSphinx Nacelle
From: Dawn McKnight
Date: 27 Nov 2000 14:02:43
Message: <3A22AFD2.4FCDDC7D@mac.com>
Steve wrote:

> Err what's it supposed to be, or rather what were you
> thinking of when you made this?

It's a marital aid, Steve. P)

Seriously, it's a nacelle for a Star Trek style starship.  You can see
the earlier steps of the project at
(http://www.coyotesdaughter.com/VoidSphinx), including a prototype of
what the whole thing looks like, assembled.

Yann Ramin wrote:

> I'd work on the texture of the
> nacelle its self. Yes, they are supposed to be clean burning, but what
> about a blast mark somewhere? They need more of a metallic sheen too (they
> are too dark).

I think the basic texture is just about perfect, actually... it looks
like what I see when I look at pictures of the U-2, SR-71, F-117, B-2,
etc.  It's a low observability coating, a "stealth" coating if you
will... virtually Lambertian, very low reflectance, but with just a hint
of metallic texture.

As for battle damage... I'll think about it. 8)

Thanks for your input!

--
Dawn McKnight      | "Who cares what the hipbone's connected to? I'm in Neurology!"
McK### [at] maccom   |					-- Justine Devlin, M.D.